Join 'In Clean Air'

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Basement Tapes...

How does a solid base affect our running? Here is an entry from this past February as I was about one month into the training for the Chattooga 50k.

This patient, consistent base led to a great year, my best year of running and one that was injury free along with my highest yearly mileage total while never reaching a high mileage week, PR's in distances ranging from the 50k to 5k (and hopefully come Disney a new Marathon PR). I have re-qualified for Boston, ran consistently without feeling the pressure to run fast each and every day. Easy days and fun days... off days when needed; long runs as a priority; faster running as a seasoning.

In fact, I mainly run for the enjoyment of the movement... So, the above entry is a look back to see how it is that I reached this point; the genesis... from zero, to 10 miles a week and now... a solid, yet relatively moderate 2100+ miles for the year... one runner's journey within himself.

2 comments:

  1. And that base makes all the difference. You have put in some great mileage this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2100 miles is awesome. I probably won't get to 2000+ next year, but once I have a base of 1750 or so - I WILL get there!

    Disney is in 2 weeks or so, right? Any kinks that will slow you down?

    ReplyDelete

Want to Clean the Air? Post a Comment!